Thursday, January 21, 2010

Fennel & Mint Iced Tea! Oh My!



I am having a lot of ADD problems today so it has taken me a while to start this entry but here I am! Okay! I have not moved from watching the Jersey Shore all day and I was thinking "Giudo's drink a lot" then i thought, "I'll" write about Fennel and Mint Iced Tea!!" So thank you Pauly D and Snookie for drinking a lot, because I wouldn't know what else to write about today.

I love fennel! The natural licorice taste that's fresh, subtle, but adds a distinct flavor to anything its added to. Fennel comes from the Mediterranean and is grown near seas and rivers. Fennel has a bulb shape root with stems that have leaves and small flowers. It's licorice flavor comes from anethole, also found in anise, another individual ingredient with a stronger licorice flavor.

Fennel is used as an medical alternative to numb teeth aches, improve eyesight, digestive system, and concentration! (that would help about now)

Fennel can be eaten cooked or raw, in salads, risottos, breads, and more. In this recipe, the fennel's flavor is highlighted by the mint for a refreshing drink!

Fennel and Mint Iced Tea
4 cups water
1 large fennel bulb, cleaned and cut into small pieces (no stems or leaves)
1/4 cup fresh mint
4 tea bags of your choice

Bring water to boil. Add fennel pieces, mint to water. Stir for 3 minutes. Add in tea bags until water turns color. Remove tea bags and let tea cool. Transfer your tea into glass pitcher and refrigerate. Let cool for a couple hours and enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment